Terms and conditions
Unless otherwise indicated, Cite them right (“Site”) and its contents are the property of Springer Nature Limited, whose registered office is situated at The Campus, 4 Crinan Street, London, N1 9XW ("Springer Nature"). The copyright and all other intellectual property rights in the material contained on the Site belong to Springer Nature or its licensors. The trademarks appearing on the Site are protected by the laws of England and international trademark laws.
Term and TerminationThis document (‘Terms and Conditions for Users’) sets out the terms on which you are permitted to use the site.
Your institution has selected the term of the subscription in their Academic Licence Agreement (“the Agreement”). However either party may terminate the Agreement on immediate notice if the other party breaches any term of the Agreement.
The failure of either Springer Nature or your institution to perform any of the terms and conditions in the Agreement as a result of conditions beyond our control such as, but not limited to, war, strikes, floods, governmental restrictions, power failures, or damage or destruction of any network facilities or services, shall not be deemed a breach of them.
Springer Nature reserves the right to suspend a licensed or trialling institution's access to the Site with immediate effect without liability if Springer Nature reasonably believes the Site or any of its content is being used by the institution or any Authorised Useri in a manner which contravenes the terms on which it is licensed. Further and additionally, Springer Nature may terminate a licensed or trialling institution's access to the Site for breach of these Terms and Conditions for Users.
On termination of the applicable licence agreement in force with your institution, you must make best efforts to destroy all material from the Site stored on any digital information storage media, including, but not limited to, system servers, hard disks, diskettes, and back-up tapes.
Restrictions on UseThe Site (including but not limited to software, interfaces, files, graphics, text and data found on the Site) is the property of Springer Nature, its affiliates or its licensors, and is protected by copyright, trade mark and other laws of the UK and other countries.
- The following terms and conditions summarise terms from our standard licence agreement and outline what Authorised Usersi may or may not do when accessing the Site. You can read our full standard Academic Licence Agreement here.
Your institution's Academic Licence Agreement and these Terms and Conditions for Users shall prevail in the event of any conflict between them and the Copyright statement (found here) generally applicable to use of this website.
- The Site is made available for non-commercial use: for the purposes of teaching, research and private study only, and access is subject to these terms and conditions and to the licence agreement your institution has signed with Springer Nature. Any other use of the material on the Site, including but not limited to the modification, distribution, transmission, performance, broadcast, publication, licensing, reverse engineering, transfer or sale of, or the creation of derivative works from, any material, information, software, products or services obtained from the Site is expressly prohibited to the extent permitted by law. If you have any questions about what you may or may or not do with material on the Site please contact Springer Nature.
- You may access at any time via workstations located at your institution. It may also be possible for you to access from home via Athens, Shibboleth or your institution VLE. Contact your institution administrator for further information.
- You may print and/or download individual items from the Site content for your personal and non-commercial use provided you do not modify or delete any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notice that appears on the material you copy, download or print. When you print any material on or from the Site, it is provided to you by Springer Nature or its licensors under a licence that is revocable. Springer Nature and/or its licensors retain full and complete ownership to the material and to any and all of the associated intellectual property rights.
- You may not:
- sell, distribute, license, rent or otherwise exploit the Site, or any element of it, for any commercial purpose
- make the Site, or any element of it, available by any means to persons other than Authorised Usersi either in print or electronically, including via remote access
- make the Site, or any element of it, available on, or by, electronic bulletin boards, news groups, websites, FTP or any other means of posting or transmitting material on the Internet, an online service or wide area network
- remove or obscure any copyright notices from the Site, or any element of it, including any downloaded material whether in electronic format or hard-copy print-outs
- alter, amend, modify, translate, or change the Site or any element of it or use the Site, or any element of it, to create any derivative work, product or service, or merge the Site, or any element of it, with any other product, database, or service
- undertake any activity that may have a damaging effect on Springer Nature's ability to achieve revenue through selling and marketing any part of the Site or otherwise use the Site in a manner that would infringe the copyright or other proprietary rights contained within it
- make mass, automated or systematic extractions from or hard copy storage of any part of the Site.
- You must not use the Site in any way which may cause a technical disruption of the Site or the systems transmitting the Site to you or others, if you do you shall be in breach of this Agreement and you may be responsible for any and all losses, liabilities, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable legal fees and court costs, arising or resulting from that disruption.
Warranties and LiabilityTHE MATERIAL DISPLAYED ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED WITHOUT GUARANTEES, CONDITIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO ITS ACCURACY. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE, OTHER MEMBERS OF OUR GROUP OF COMPANIES AND THIRD PARTIES CONNECTED TO US HEREBY EXPRESSLY EXCLUDE:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect, special or incidental loss or damage incurred by any user or organisation in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Site, any website linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of loss of profits, business, revenue, or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill; indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss or damage;
- any inaccuracy in the Site
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
The Site and its content is provided for use "as is". Springer Nature makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of satisfactory quality, accuracy or fitness for a particular purpose. Except as otherwise expressly provided in a licence agreement with your institution, all conditions, warranties, terms, representations, and undertakings express or implied, statutory or otherwise in respect of the Site and its content are to the fullest extent permitted by law expressly excluded. No oral or written information or advice given by any representative of the licensor or by anyone else shall create any warranties.
We do not promise that the Site and the information we make available on the Site will be free from errors or faults. Any reliance on the material on this Site is at your own risk. We reserve the right to modify the contents of the Site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on the Site. If the need arises, we may suspend access to the Site, or close it indefinitely.
Springer Nature is not responsible for the provision of, or payment for, the computer equipment and telecommunications services necessary for access to and use of the Site. Springer Nature shall not issue credits or refunds against charges incurred by you in relation to such telecommunication services. You accept that Springer Nature has no control over such telecommunication services and that Springer Nature shall have no liability to you for the acts or omissions of providers of telecommunication services or for faults in or failures of their apparatus or of your or your institution's computer equipment.
Springer Nature does not exclude or restrict liability for death or personal injury caused by its own negligence or any other liability the exclusion or limitation of which is prohibited by law.
Springer Nature is entitled to monitor the use of the Site and its content through its servers, or as the case may be any service provided by an agent on its behalf, so as to monitor compliance with the applicable licence agreement and these Terms and Conditions for Users.
The content of the Site is subject to change without notice, and you are advised that Springer Nature has the right to terminate the supply of any part(s) of the Site at any time without cause in accordance with the applicable licence agreement in force with your institution.
You have no rights, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) 1999 or otherwise, to enforce or benefit from any term in any licence agreement to which your institution is a party or by which it is bound at any time relating to the Site.
iAn Authorised User is defined in the Agreement as:
- every member of the teaching and research staff employed by or otherwise accredited to the Licensee whether full-time or part time
- every student enrolled or accredited to the Licensee for the purposes of full-time or part-time attendance;
- individual members of the public registered as users of the Licensee's library or information service; and
- individual members of the public permitted to use the Licensee's library or information services; in each case who are permitted general access to the Network by the Licensee