Terms and conditions
Unless otherwise indicated, Cite Them Right ('Site') and its contents are the property of Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, whose registered office is situated at 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP (“Bloomsbury”). If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you for visiting our Website.
Terms and TerminationA. This document ('Terms and Conditions for Users') sets out the terms on which you are permitted to use the Site. By using this Site you accept these Terms and Conditions for Users. If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions for Users please do not use the Site.
B. The following terms and conditions summarise terms from the Agreement and outlines what Authorised Users may or may not do when accessing the Site. You can read our full standard Academic Licence Agreement. Your institution's Academic Licence Agreement and these Terms and Conditions for Users shall prevail in the event of any conflict between them and the Copyright statement here generally applicable to use of this website. Defined terms not defined herein shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the Agreement.
C. Your institution has selected the term of the subscription in their Academic Licence Agreement ('the Agreement'). However either party may terminate the Agreement on immediate notice if the other party breaches any term of the Agreement.
E. The Site (including but not limited to software, interfaces, files, graphics, text and data found on the Site), the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in the material contained on the Site and any trademarks appearing on the Site, are the property of Bloomsbury, its affiliates or its licensors, and are protected by copyright, trade mark and other laws of the UK and other countries.
F. Bloomsbury reserves the right to suspend a licensed or trialling institution's access to the Site with immediate effect without liability if Bloomsbury reasonably believes the Site or any of its content is being used by the institution or any Authorised User in a manner which contravenes the terms on which it is licensed. Further and additionally, Bloomsbury may terminate a licensed or trialling institution's access to the Site for breach of these Terms and Conditions for Users. On termination of the Agreement, you must make best efforts to destroy all material from then Site stored on any digital information storage media, including, but not limited to, system servers, hard disks, diskettes, and back up tapes.
G. If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. Bloomsbury has the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions for Users.
H. The content of the Site is subject to change without notice, and you are advised that Bloomsbury has the right to terminate the supply of any part(s) of the Site at any time without cause in accordance with the Agreement in force with your institution.
I. You have no rights, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) 1999 or otherwise, to enforce or benefit from any term in any licence agreement to which your institution is a party or by which it is bound at any time relating to the Site.
J. The failure of either Bloomsbury or your institution to perform any of the terms and conditions in the Agreement as a result of conditions beyond our control such as, but not limited to, war, strikes, floods, governmental restrictions, power failures, or damage or destruction of any network facilities or services, shall not be deemed a breach of them.
K. Bloomsbury does not guarantee that the Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
L. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
M. You must not misuse the Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Bloomsbury will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and it will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately.
N. Where our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
O. These Terms and Conditions for Users, their subject matter and formation, are governed by English law. You and Bloomsbury agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction, provided that Bloomsbury may also bring proceedings in your country of residence, if outside England.
Restrictions on UseA. The Site is made available for non-commercial use: for the purposes of teaching, research and private study only, and access is subject to these Terms and Conditions for Users and to the Agreement. Any other use of the material on the Site, including but not limited to the modification, distribution, transmission, performance, broadcast, publication, licensing, reverse engineering, transfer or sale of, or the creation of derivative works from, any material, information, software, products or services obtained from the Site is expressly prohibited to the extent permitted by law. If you have any questions about what you may or may or not do with material on the Site please contact Bloomsbury.
B. You may access at any time via workstations located at your institution. It may also be possible for you to access from home via Athens, Shibboleth or your institution VLE. Contact your institution administrator for further information.
C. You may print and/or download individual items from the Site content for your personal and non-commercial use provided you do not modify or delete any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notice that appears on the material you copy, download or print. When you print any material on or from the Site, it is provided to you by Bloomsbury or its licensors under a licence that is revocable. Bloomsbury and/or its licensors retain full and complete ownership to the material and to any and all of the associated intellectual property rights.
D. You may not:
- sell, distribute, license, rent or otherwise exploit the Site, or any element of it, for any commercial purpose;
- make the Site, or any element of it, available by any means to persons other than Authorised Users either in print or electronically, including via remote access;
- make the Site, or any element of it, available on, or by, electronic bulletin boards, news groups, websites, FTP or any other means of posting or transmitting material on the Internet, an online service or wide area network;
- remove or obscure any copyright notices from the Site, or any element of it, including any downloaded material whether in electronic format or hard-copy print-outs;
- alter, amend, modify, translate, or change the Site or any element of it or use the Site, or any element of it, to create any derivative work, product or service, or merge the Site, or any element of it, with any other product, database, or service;
- undertake any activity that may have a damaging effect on Bloomsbury's ability to achieve revenue through selling and marketing any part of the Site or otherwise use the Site in a manner that would infringe the copyright or other proprietary rights contained within it;
- make mass, automated or systematic extractions from or hard copy storage of any part of the Site; or
- You must not use the Site in any way which may cause a technical disruption of the Site or the systems transmitting the Site to you or others, if you do you shall be in breach of these Terms and Conditions for Users and you may be responsible for any and all losses, liabilities, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable legal fees and court costs, arising or resulting from that disruption.
Warranties and LiabilityA. THE SITE AND THE MATERIALS DISPLAYED ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT GUARANTEES, CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO ITS ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THE AGREEMENT WITH YOUR INSTITUTION, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BLOOMSBURY, OTHER MEMBERS OF ITS GROUP OF COMPANIES AND THIRD PARTIES CONNECTED TO IT HEREBY EXPRESSLY EXCLUDE:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any responsibility or liability for any direct, indirect, special or incidental loss or damage incurred by any user or organisation in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Site, any website linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of loss of profits, business, revenue, or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill or reputation;
- any inaccuracy in the Site
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
B. You hereby expressly agree that you use the Site “as is” and at your own risk and that any damage or loss arising from your use of it and/or reliance placed on its content are your sole responsibility. No oral or written information or advice given by any representative of Bloomsbury or by anyone else shall create any warranties.
C. Bloomsbury reserves the right to modify the contents of the Site at any time, but has no obligation to update any information on the Site. If the need arises, it may suspend access to the Site, or close it indefinitely.
D. Bloomsbury is not responsible for the provision of, or payment for, the computer equipment and telecommunications services necessary for access to and use of the Site. Bloomsbury shall not issue credits or refunds against charges incurred by you in relation to such telecommunication services. You accept that Bloomsbury has no control over such telecommunication services and that Bloomsbury shall have no liability to you for the acts or omissions of providers of telecommunication services or for faults in or failures of their apparatus or of your or your institution's computer equipment.
E. Bloomsbury does not exclude or restrict liability for death or personal injury caused by its own negligence or any other liability the exclusion or limitation of which is prohibited by law.
F. Bloomsbury is entitled to monitor the use of the Site and its content through its servers, or as the case may be any service provided by an agent on its behalf, so as to monitor compliance with the Agreement and these Terms and Conditions for Users.
These terms were last updated on 01 June 2021.